New York

Bodega Where Bronx Teen Was Killed Reopens Under New Management

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The bodega where Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz was killed reopened its doors Thursday, despite some push-back from the Bronx community.

The store on East 183rd Street in the Belmont section is under new management with NYPD officers standing guard.

The bodega had been closed since June 20 when police say members of the Trinitarios gang dragged Guzman-Feliz from inside and killed him.

Members of the community said the stores former owner did not do enough to stop the 15-year-olds death.

“If I had done more, I would have been exposed and there would have been a memorial candle for me and my partner,” he said after the attack.

Friends of Guzman-Feliz said they would prefer the space to be turned into a community center or church.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close